Andun has extensive experience and expertise providing rail temporary works and demolition design services.
We use this expertise and the latest technology such as 3D modelling and prototyping to create and demonstrate the most effective and where necessary innovative rail temporary works and demolition design solutions.
Andun have an excellent reputation and established track record within the rail engineering industry, having delivered successfully on some of the largest infrastructure projects of the last two decades.
These projects include HS1, Crossrail, Great Western Mainline and the Birmingham New Street redevelopment.
Rail Temporary Works Case Studies
The aim of the scheme was to introduce step free access to the Seven Kings, Manor Park, and Maryland stations on the Crossrail route. Andun were appointed to provide temporary works and demolition proposals for the scheme.
Manor park posed the most technical challenges, with the requirements for the demolition of large sections of the raised walkway concrete/masonry walkway, in a site with restrictive access, and delicate OLE. Andun provided a unique solution to the problem which you can find out more about here.
See Full Case Study – https://www.andun.co.uk/case-study/locros-demolition-temporary-works/
Birmingham New Street
Andun Ltd were employed on the Birmingham Gateway Project by Coleman and Company to advise and design the work methodology, appraise the requirements for temporary works and develop schemes, and to provide 3D modelling showing the demolition sequence. Over 300 Form C submissions were made to Network Rail during the 4 years duration of the project.
This project included
- The design of an overhead crane system, including fabrication drawings;
- Assessment of the global stability of the remaining structure, as the demolition work proceeded;
- Assessment of the structure for plant loadings;
- Designing a transporter system for moving and rotating cut sections when out of the reach of overhead cranes;
- Designing support systems and analysing the existing structure in connection with the removal of slabs and primary and secondary beams;
- Designing propping systems where loads exceeded existing structural capacity;
- Providing sub-contractors with lead design review;
- Developing and submitting documentation to Network Rail for the approval of temporary works (Form C’s).
See Full Case Study – https://www.andun.co.uk/case-study/birmingham-new-street-station/
Andun were appointed by Kilnbridge to provide the calculations, and demolition sequence necessary to produce a Form C for the partial demolition of bridge D124B as part of the Crossrail works.
Bridge D124B was a through plate girder underbridge crossing over the East London Line at Whitechapel station carrying two Hammersmith and City/District lines into the London Underground station.
This makes it one of the few places in London where the Underground crosses above the Overground routes. As part of the works to Whitechapel station one of the Underground tracks was lifted making one of the spans redundant, and in the way of the pro-posed permanent works meaning it needed to be removed.
See Full Case Study – https://www.andun.co.uk/case-study/demolition-of-bridge-d124b-at-whitechapel-station/
If you have a project that requires rail temporary works or demolition design/ sequencing support, then email email@example.com, telephone us directly on 01245 360194 or alternatively please use the message form on the contact page.